8/18/2005

Blogging about work

Not a good idea as we all know.

Guess what? I GOT LET GO A MONTH AGO!!!

So I'm gonna blog about work.

My peer coworkers were the god damned BEST bunch of coworkers I've ever ever had. They're all awesome

The management politics and blinders and ego and sensitive egos are amazing. It was an eye opener working there and talking to people who were in the gossip circle and heard the good dirt.

Sometimes I wonder just how in the hell the stupidest, most unpragmatic people (like, sometimes, SALESPEOPLE) achieve management levels in the company, and those of us with a good head on our shoulders are always stuck at the bottom of the shit pile (IT/Tech workers, usually)

*insert Howard Deaniac meltdown scream here*

I start Monday at a company that makes yearbooks and class rings. I will be a short term contract, working in a crush to get all their remote salespeople's laptops upgraded from 2K to XP. There will be some phone support but there will be some hands on too. The guy I interviewed with told me that he'd probably have me concentrate more on the laptops that get sent to them for upgrading. Yay!

Not like it will be difficult. He said they send them a DVD with an XP image on it. They dump their save data to a removeable backup device, boot to the DVD, it lays down a new image, and then they restore from the backup device and away it goes.

Only thing is they all own their laptops and therefore are all local administrators. And we all know what happens when you give sales people local admin rights, don't we....

1 Comments:

At 4:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, Jostens is a terrible place to work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home